Pre-Approved Experiences & Trainings
Up to 20 hours of campus leadership training can be counted toward the total 48 hours of experience required to complete the certificate. You may mix and match experiences to meet the 48 hour requirement. Leadership activities and trainings need to take place during your enrollment at KU and should be connected to your education at KU. Depending on your activities, you may need to fill out the Documentation of Leadership Activities (PDF) verification form.
The list of trainings and experiences below is not an all-encompassing list of campus experiences. Please submit a petition form if an experience is not listed.
- Leadership experience as a program coordinator or board member for Center for Community Outreach»
- Leadership experience through Sorority & Fraternity Life »
- Leadership experience as a residential assistant (RA),scholarship hall proctor, or food board manager
- Leadership experience in student government or other student-directed organizations/groups
- Peer Mentors or Guides (Office of First Year Experience Peer Mentors, Hawklink Guides, SILC Peer Consultants etc.)
- Student Union Activities (SUA) committee service
- Other: you may petition for an experience to count towards certification by filling out this form. Please note that petitioned activities need to have a connection to KU.
Do I need to provide verification of my leadership activities?
Yes, you will need to fill out the Documentation of Leadership Activities Form (PDF) if you did not complete an experience for KU class credit.