After you have completed the LDST 201/202 sequence and your elective class, please complete the class reflection and submit your personal leadership statement. Please submit all your responses through myKU portal. It is highly advisable that you back up your reflections in a Word document.
Here are the two questions that you will be asked to answer:
- List two or three key ideas you have learned about leadership from any of the classes you have completed. Please specify which class or classes you are referencing.
- Think about why these things are important. How will you apply what you have learned to future leadership endeavors?
Leadership Statement of Purpose
Read through the writing guide before your start. Submit your statement through myKU portal.
Why write a leadership statement of purpose? The things we value and our core motivations for action impact how we interact with other people and approach challenges. Statements of purpose can serve as a reminder to yourself why you do what you do as well as inspire others. The goal of this exercise is to help you reflection on the relationship between your values and actions. Keep in mind the following:
- There are no right or wrong answers here. Your statement should reflect your current goals and values.
- Keep it short and simple. A well-written sentence will do!
- Your statement will change over time as you continue to grow personally.